Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Waffles

One of my all-time favorite breakfasts! I only recently acquired a waffle iron and have been having waffles every sunday since!


Waffles

1 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Powder
3 Eggs
2 tbsp Butter, melted and cooled
1 3/4 cup Milk
1 tbsp Sugar

Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.

Separate the eggs into yolks and whites.

Beat the yolks well and add the butter and milk and beat again thoroughly to combine.

Beat egg whites very well until you get stiff peaks. Add the sugar and beat well.



Add the beaten yolk mixture to the flour mixture and mix well. Now gently fold in the beaten stiff egg whites.

Pour onto a heated waffle iron.


Enjoy warm with maple syrup. Or Butter. Or Nutella. Or Chocolate Sauce. Or Fresh Strawberries!! mmm.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Waffles look perfect ANu.

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

love waffles too, but my waffle iron conked 3 months back. :(
Need to get a new one, any recpmmendations?

Seasons greetings and best wishes for a happy new year.

Raaga said...

I bought a Morphy Richards 3 in one... no complaints so far :-)

Unknown said...

wow! your pics and your tyrst with food makes it a very inviting tantalizing blog....hope to see more...try pancakes alongwith waffles...:)

Joydeep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joydeep said...

I Arundhati..I really liked your waffle recipe.I wanted to ask you something but could not find how to contact you.Please provide your email id.If you have time then pls reply me on best.joydeep@gmail.com

Rajani said...

oh you're back!! or is it me??? its been a long long time since i came here! waffles look yummy!

passingthethyme said...

Congratulations on your new purchase; I wish I had a waffle iron ! These look delcious : ) And, I love the step-by-step instructions on your blog, it's always great (and so rare) to see process work !

catering ny said...

I love waffle. You can make different flavor inside of the waffle. Thanks for sharing how to make waffle.

Shilpa Sharma said...

brilliant! just passed on your recipe of waffles to my sis (who won't visit a food blog but is despo to make waffles).

Many thanks for posting

shilpa

Arundathi said...

thanks everyone